This post contains the latest updates and news regarding the COVID-19 crisis and will be updated frequently.
This page last updated 5/27/2020 2:00 PM EST
In following the guidance with the Michigan Governor, Laser Eye Institute will resume limited operations on Friday May 29th (5/29/2020)
Effective Friday May 29th (5/29/2020)
- We will resume normal hours:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Our Optical center will reopen 5/29
- We will begin scheduling patient appointments effective 5/29/20
- Call, Click or Email us after 5/29 to schedule an appointment
- Our Physicians are still available remotely for telemedicine visits.
Patient Appointment Information
Ensuring the safety of our patients an associates is our top priority. We’ve updated our policy, procedure, and clinic to ensure patient visits are safe.
- Contact-less Check-In: Patients are asked to remain in their vehicles when arriving for their appointment. Instructions are posted to check-in for your appointment while staying in your vehicle.
- Personal Protective Equipment: In addition to requiring all patients to wear masks, undergo a contact-less temperature check, and sanitize their hands; all associates are wearing face masks and gloves.
- Social Distancing: In addition to having patients wait in their vehicles, social distancing measures have been put in place to ensure appropriate spacing at all times. This includes spacing of chairs in our lobby and other waiting areas, reconfiguration of associate-only areas, and social distancing floor indicators.
- Increase Cleaning & Disinfection Protocol: Patient visit times have been extended to allow all equipment to be thoroughly disinfected and clean between each patient visit.
- Protective Barriers: Custom-built protective barriers have been installed at all points of the patient experience to place a physical barrier between patient and clinician. This includes all physical and diagnostic exam points.
- A Safer Optical Experience: All handled eyeglasses are sanitized before being placed on display. Collection bins have been placed to return touched / handled eyeglasses and sunglasses to be sanitized.
A Message From Daniel Haddad, M.D.
We believe that safety, results, and experience help us bring you and your loved ones a standard of excellent care. For over 30 years, we’ve been privileged to serve the Metro-Detroit community while it is impossible to know how long this crisis will last, I know our community will persevere.
As we prepare to resume operations we have spent the last few months re-engineering our entire patient process and workflow to enable us to care for our patients with increased safety, results, and experience we are known for across this great country.
I wish everyone good health and a sense of optimism. We look forward to being able to care for your once again.
Thank you, stay safe and be well,
Daniel S. Haddad, M.D.